I had no idea I was nominated for this award until today.. So, I am really sorry for posting this so late.. Also, I am new to this so please excuse me if there are any kind of mistakes.. (I am learning)!
Firstly, thanks a ton to Krysti for being so kind to nominate me for this wonderful award. You are amazing.. Ily! YA and Wine, her blog. She is also the co-founder of the coolest book club in Utah, http://www.kingsenglish.com/ya-wine.
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
1) What hero from a Dystopian novel do you think our world needs right now?
I don’t know about the world, but I definitely need Rhysand (from A Court of Thorns and Roses by SJ Maas) or Magnus Damora (from Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes) right now!!!
2) What book have you read that has lifted you up and made you feel stronger?
I don’t know why, but when I think of a book which has lifted my spirits and made me feel stronger, The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson automatically comes to my mind. And I am not implying that the book is about some very strong feminist protagonist, it is just that how she overcame all her problems inspires me so much! So yes, this book definitely makes me feel stronger and lifts my spirits all the time, even when I just think of it!
3) Name one book that has made you better understand a different culture.
Idk, probably Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan (whole series). I have learnt so much about Greek and Roman mythology from that book, it makes me feel very proud!
4) What’s your favorite diverse book you read in 2016?
Unfortunately, I didn’t read many diverse books in 2016 but if The Rose and The Dagger by Renee Adhieh counts then okay.. (It is the sequel to The Wrath and The Dawn)
5) What diverse book are you most looking forward to reading in 2017?
Flame in the Mist by Renee Adhieh! I have high hopes for that book and hope I don’t get disappointed… Also, I can’t wait to know more Whichwood by Tahereh Mafi coming out in September 2017 (I absolutely love her books and Whichwood sounds amazing. Go check it out on Goodreads!)
6) What book would you make required reading for everyone in the world if you could?
If you know me, you’ll know it is I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. I am crazy obsessed with this book. It has everything, love, friendship, family, just everything. The ending made me cry.. not because it was sad or something, simply because it was so perfect.
7) What book quote do you find most inspiring?
Becoming fearless isn’t the point. That’s impossible. It’s learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.
This quote is so simple and inspiring.
8) If you could have any super power, which one would you choose?
It is mind-reading (like a whisperer from Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard). It’ll be so cool to know what’s going inside somebody’s head. Then, I’ll be able to excel in everything from exams to sports!!
9) Pick a genre: Contemporary, Fantasy, Dystopian, Mystery, or Science Fiction.
Answer to this question is a piece of cake… FANTASY.
10) What is your favorite book series of all time?
I think it is Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. While reading, it’ll force you to stop for a minute and catch your breath!
11) If you could have a chat with any book character over a glass of wine, who would you choose?
It is my baby Rhys
- What is you OTP?
- Your favourite fantasy books you recommend others to read.
- Your favourite YA authors.
- Your guilty pleasure.
- What was the first post on your blog?
- Name your favourite drool-worthy fictional character.
- What is the perfect way you’d like to read a book?
- Your favourite TV Shows.
- Something you can never stop dreaming about.
- Name the first book you ever read.
- If you were a fictional character, what would you be?
It is not compulsory to participate! All of you guys are amazing. Ily all!